|Title:||Product Development Engineer (Vancouver WA)|
|Department:||Polymer | Vancouver WA|
Incom located in Vancouver WA, is a division of Massachusetts based Incom, Inc. We are hiring the best and brightest talent to support our production, provide our customers with quality products, and assist us in advancing our technology. We are currently seeking a multi-talented technical professional to join our Team as a Product Development Engineer.
We are seeking a hands-on Product Development Engineer to execute development programs, set up infrastructure and support our Polymer Products manufacturing. Since Incom West is a small yet growing division, our Engineers have the opportunity to perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Hands-on engagement on the manufacturing floor providing technical support to the operation to ensure well designed and profitable parts
- Develop, improve, and implement robust production/processing methods and business practices that positively impact cost, quality and safety objectives
- Apply sound engineering and scientific principles and proven statistical methods to data analysis and experimental design
- Set up infrastructure, including building towers and ovens as we grow our operations
- Prototyping and testing concept designs
- Determine and define manufacturing processes for custom parts
- Research, testing, and implementation of optimal processes and equipment
- Engage in yield analysis and improvement for new and sustaining products/processes
- Manage projects, including generation of proposals, planning and execution of projects, and submittal of project reports.
- Continuous improvement of products through enhancing test coverage and finding root cause to manufacturing problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve short and long-term manufacturing problems that impede quality or cost effectiveness
- Ensure product and programs meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields and delivery
- Assist with the management of capital projects and provide technical support for the specification, design, purchase, installation, and commissioning of new equipment, and tooling.
- BA or BS Degree in a related Science or engineering discipline required. Polymer Science and/or Polymer Engineering degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience. Experience in manufacturing engineering preferred and polymer science a plus.
- Experience with optics or manipulating / working with light a plus.
- Experience in programming and maintaining electronic control systems.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Proficiency with setting up and running process experiments, the ability to interpret results, and apply results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, excellent team facilitation skills and problem-solving skills.
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to collaborate and work as part of a team and ensure that these efforts are carried out in compliance with relevant ESH workplace policies.
- Visual acuity to written and computer screen materials as well as product details, manual coordination and dexterity in the operation of computer equipment, precision measuring devices and various tools.
- Ability to occasionally move up to 50 lbs over short distances.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- English fluency in speaking, comprehension, reading and writing for the effective performance of the position.
- Meeting the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Visit us online at www.incomusa.com to learn more about our location and technology. Apply online below by linking to our Incom, Inc. corporate website.
Incom, Inc. will not provide employment sponsorship, now or in the future, to be authorized to work in the United States.
Incom, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, including Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.