Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Charlton MA
|Title:||Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Charlton MA|
|Department:||Manufacturing | Charlton MA|
Are you a career Manufacturing Engineer who is ready to join an innovative and fun company where you will do exciting and challenging technical work? We are looking for the best and brightest Manufacturing Engineering talent in the market to join our Team in Charlton MA. At Incom, we pride ourselves on being a Family to our Employees as we work hand-in-hand each day to live our Core Values as we create and foster our Culture of Excellence. We love being part of the Incom family and you too could be lucky enough to work here with us!
Our Sr. Manufacturing Engineer provides technical engineering support and leadership to the Glass and Polymer Fiber Optic product lines to ensure parts are produced to meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields, quality and delivery, applying sound engineering principles and proven statistical methods.
- Hands-on engagement on the manufacturing floor providing technical leadership and support to the operation to ensure well designed and profitable parts
- Develop, improve, and implement robust production/processing methods and business processes that positively impact cost, quality and safety objectives
- Apply proven statistical methods to data analysis and experimental design
- Lead and support the development of innovative processes and technologies, including new material/product introduction and product/process transfer to regular production
- Determine and define manufacturing processes for custom materials/parts
- Troubleshoot and resolve short and long-term manufacturing problems that impede quality or cost effectiveness
- Manage projects, including generation of proposals, planning and execution of projects, and submittal of project reports
- Manage capital projects and provide technical support for the specification, design, purchase, installation, and commissioning of new equipment, and tooling
- Evaluate, implement, document, program and support automated inspection systems and equipment
- Partner with Quality Assurance to monitor yields and implement continuous improvement programs, and assist QA to establish and review Quality Specifications
- Communicate with and understand customer needs and specifications, as well as Incom capabilities
- Design, build and implement fixtures to support manufacturing processes and equipment
- Ensure all process documentation is in place including: routers, BOMs, work instructions, process/equipment checklists, troubleshooting guides, and preventive maintenance requirements
- Participate as needed in the resolution of customer problems and issues
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or other related engineering field required. Masters Degree a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of proven engineering experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Forming and Finishing machining background preferred
- Glass and polymer fiber drawing experience a plus
- ERP knowledge and experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work “hands-on” with production team members in designing, developing and implementing new products/processes.
- Proficiency with setting up and running process experiments, ability to interpret results, and apply those results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to motivate and work as part of a team.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- A Lean/Six Sigma background is preferred.
- Polymer background is preferred.
- Meeting the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, is an essential function of the job.
We have created a company that allows people to enjoy the type of work they are doing, the people they are working with, and the feeling that their work has a significant impact. Come work with us in a fast paced environment where you will be empowered and included; where innovation is encouraged and everyone’s voice can be heard. Over time, the candidate will gain a greater understanding of our operation and needs. We expect and hope that the candidate will grow in the position and become a key, long-term member of the Incom West team.
Visit us online at www.incomusa.com to learn more about our location and technology. Apply online below by linking to our Incom, Inc. corporate website.
Incom, Inc. will not provide employment sponsorship, now or in the future, to be authorized to work in the United States.
Incom, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, including Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications