|Department:||Manufacturing | Charlton MA|
Are you an experienced Quality Engineer who is ready to make the right career move that will be the best one you have ever made? We are looking for the best and brightest Quality Engineering talent in the market to join our Team in Charlton MA. At Incom, we pride ourselves on being a Family to our Employees as we work hand-in-hand each day to live our Core Values as we create and foster our Culture of Excellence. We love being part of the Incom family and you too could be lucky enough to work here with us!
Our Quality Engineer will lead Quality Improvement Engineering for Incom including the ownership of our Lean Six Sigma Program. In addition our Engineer will help manage Incom’s Quality Management System including the support of the ISO 9001 QMS Program and also work closely with Sales to provide customer support for all things quality.
- Apply sound engineering principles and proven statistical methods to ensure high quality and profitable parts are produced to meet customer and company expectations for specifications, costs, yields and delivery.
- Provide the organization with a vision of an effective Lean/Six Sigma Manufacturing program and a plan to enhance the current program to meet that vision.
- Initiate and lead companywide Lean/Six Sigma activities pertaining to the manufacturing of high quality glass and polymer products in a safe, efficient, and profitable manner, in accordance with Incom’s business goals. Manage the creation the Lean event, the team, documentation, schedule, and resources.
- Administer the corrective action system. Perform root-cause analyses, install corrective actions, and perform audits.
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
Quality Management System
- Developing, implementing and managing quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of quality products consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals
- Maintain, communicate and enhance Quality Plans, Policies and procedures that enable Incom to meet and exceed the compliance requirements for an ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Define and train broad base quality procedures to ensure effective use of these procedures throughout the organization.
- Responsible for defining, documenting, training and monitoring all product inspection processes.
- Supervise inspection process technical support staff members.
- Responsible for the preventive maintenance and enhancement of inspection equipment.
- Work as a customer liaison to resolve specification interpretation issues throughout the quote, design and manufacturing processes.
- Work as an internal customer representative during the root cause and corrective action process.
- Oversee all aspects of the contract review process.
- Evaluate nonconforming material (NCMR’s), consulting with Sales as needed, and disposition parts. Communicate with customer as needed.
If you are excited about this opportunity and possess the education, experience and talents below please APPLY NOW:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field required.
- A minimum of 5 years related manufacturing experience and responsibility for Quality Improvement programs.
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- A Lean/Six Sigma background is required.
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification preferred
- Quality/Engineering experience managing a certified Quality Management System in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability with setting up and running process experiments, ability to interpret results, and apply those results to improving products and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines on time and under pressure.
- Mechanical knowledge
- Mathematics knowledge
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a dynamic, results driven work environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven team player with excellent people skills, ability to motivate and work as part of a team.
- Strong passion for detail, excellent process/project management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Meeting the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential
Incom will not sponsor individuals for Employment Visas, now or in the future, for this or any position.
Incom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, including Veterans and
Individuals with Disabilities.