Incom is seeking an Manufacturing Technician with the required background, and hands on experience to contribute to the success of our R&D team in the development new products & capabilities. Our Technicians provide support in the transfer of new products & capabilities to the Manufacturing department and work collaboratively with both our research and manufacturing divisions. Reports to the Pilot Production Manager and works closely with Sr. Technicians and Research Scientists.
- Operates finishing equipment for glass grinding and polishing as well as the inspection tools associated with those processes.
- Performs cleaning, inspecting, and packaging operations for microcapillary array products in a lab and cleanroom environment.
- Performs in-process inspection of polished glass components to ensure part quality.
- Performs basic equipment maintenance and repair of polishing and cleaning equipment utilized in the operation, working with internal or external sources to troubleshoot technical issues with process and equipment.
- Works with Sr. Techs to complete inspection documents to ensure quality products for delivery to customers.
- Coordinates with other departments, including Sales and Shipping, to ship samples/orders.
- Contributes to the development of written process work instructions, including checklists, job instruction breakdowns and in-process inspections.
- Works with R&D, pilot production team and the manufacturing plant operations to maintain quality and throughput on assigned processes and tasks such as grinding and CNC machining.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives under the direction of management.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of working area, laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Follows safety guidelines for handling materials with the use of required personal protective equipment.
- Follows corporate guidelines relating to proprietary and confidential information.
- Meets the physical, mental and behavioral expectations of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Associates Degree in a Science or related technical field such as materials, mechanical or manufacturing technology required
- Minimum 1 year of related laboratory experience in a science-related industry / field required.
- Manufacturing R&D environment experience, ideally in a clean-room setting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Mathematics and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (“GD&T”) commensurate with the effective performance of this position.
- Ability to and experience in reading technical drawings and blueprints.
- Proficiency working with microscopes for measurements and visual surface inspection.
- Proficiency in using metrology equipment.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite (Word/Excel)
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative team.
- Manual dexterity including simple grasping and fine manipulation to work with fragile products.
- Visual acuity to written and computer screen materials as well as product details, manual coordination and dexterity in the operation of computer equipment, precision measuring devices and various tools.
- Ability to occasionally carry, move or lift up to 50lbs over short distances.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in both a Softwall Cleanroom and a Class 10,000 Cleanroom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- English fluency in speaking, comprehension, reading and writing for the effective performance of the position.
- A commitment to Excellence demonstrating Incom’s Core Values of Quality, Innovative, Customer Focus, Results Driven, Teamwork and Character
Incom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, including Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Incom, Inc. will not provide employment sponsorship, now or in the future, to be authorized to work in the United States.